Delivery and Results of Care
Telehealth services can include many benefits. The most visible are increased access, reduced cost, and better care. Here are some examples of traditional benefits:
- Providing access to specialty services and care—expanding services for patients in hospitals and at clinics distant from where the care is available.
- Improving patient outcomes—identifying and resolving health issues before they become critical.
- Reducing duplicated procedures—results can become outdated or maybe even misplaced, requiring that they be redone at the time of the visit with the specialist.
- Reducing patient and family stress—keeping patients comfortable, with facilities and providers they know, helping family and support network members stay informed.
- Improving follow-up care—increasing the number of after-care appointments kept because patients are not required to travel long distances for short visits.